Hight Code does'nt work in the Win-Unicode1.9

Hammer Lee
2004-02-02
2012-09-14
  • Hammer Lee

Hammer Lee - 2004-02-02

My os is Win XP, the win-unicode edition PYPE 1.9 runs on. I found some functions does'nt work on this edition, like hight keyword, expand/fold code. Could you fix these problems on Unicode edition?

Thanks for your hard works.

• Josiah Carlson

Josiah Carlson - 2004-02-02

I just checked the unicode version on windows 2000.

I don't know what you mean by "hight keyword".

Expand/fold code seems to work.  Could you please describe the problem better?

• Hammer Lee

Hammer Lee - 2004-02-03

Hi ! Josiah,
        My os is XP tranditional chinese, on which Pype win 1.9 works well, but not suport unicode. When using the Pype win-unicode 1.9 to open an *.py, Pype's "syntax highting" *.py as Text not as no-unicode one as Python. So it does'nt have "+" or "-" to expand/fold code.

Even I set the Syntax Highting as Python (Default Highting is Python already, encoding is ascii), it does'nt work.

That's my situation. Maybe you can teach me how to run unicode edition source code to know the reason of this problem.

• Josiah Carlson

Josiah Carlson - 2004-02-03

Now I understand your problem.  It will be fixed in PyPE 1.9.1, which will be released within the week.

• Hammer Lee

Hammer Lee - 2004-02-09

Hi ! Josiah,

It's a pity that problem does'nt be solved by the new version PyPE 1.9.1. I do wish it can be fixed.

Thanks!

• Josiah Carlson

Josiah Carlson - 2004-02-09

What are the crcumstances of it not working?  Every way I run PyPE, I get syntax highlighting.

Do you have unicode characters in the path to PyPE?  Python 2.3.2 seems to have issues with filenames containing unicode characters.  I can't fix that.

• Anonymous - 2004-03-15

I have the same problem with the non-unicode version (1.9.1)
      I will test others versions.

• Anonymous - 2004-03-15

Ok it works only with the source package.
      Thanks for this great editor :)

• Josiah Carlson

Josiah Carlson - 2004-03-20

What are the conditions of syntax highlighting not working?  Can you double-click on PyPE and have syntax highlighting work?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks