PayPal email - again

2009-06-10
2013-05-14
  • Werner F. Bruhin

PayPal is really having fun in constantly changing the format of the email they send on a purchase.

I have a problem with the latest change.

The address portion can be:
    VERSION1 begin:
    Buyer:
    Roman Schiller
    roman.schiller=40edvconsult.com

Unconfirmed shipping address
    Roman Schiller
    Wallensteinstra=DFe 56/21
    A-1200 Wien
    Austria

Instructions to merchant:
    VERSION1 end:
    Or

VERSION2 begin:
    -----------------------------------
    JAN ONDERDIJK's UNCONFIRMED Address
    -----------------------------------

JAN ONDERDIJK
    VOSHOLLEI 23
    BRASSCHAAT 2930
    Belgium

Have you lifted your withdrawal and receiving limits?

VERSION2 end:

There are actually a few more variations which I try to handle with this code (only showing snippets):

addLine = pyp.Combine((pyp.OneOrMore(alphanums) + pyp.restOfLine))
            emptyLine = (pyp.Suppress("Thank you for using PayPal") |\                     (pyp.Suppress("Have you lifted your withdrawal") + pyp.restOfLine) |\                     (pyp.Suppress("Sincerely,") + pyp.restOfLine) |\                     (pyp.Suppress(pyp.OneOrMore('-')) + pyp.Suppress("Have you lifted your withdrawal") + pyp.restOfLine) |\                     (pyp.Suppress("Instructions to") + pyp.restOfLine))

# address
            str_address = (((pyp.Suppress("UNCONFIRMED Address") |\                         pyp.Suppress("CONFIRMED Address") |\                         pyp.Suppress("unconfirmed address")) |\                         pyp.Suppress("Unconfirmed shipping address")  + pyp.Suppress(pyp.Word("-")))  +\                 ((addLine + addLine + addLine + addLine + emptyLine.suppress()) |\                 (addLine + addLine + addLine + addLine + addLine + emptyLine.suppress()) |\                 (addLine + addLine + addLine + addLine + addLine + addLine + emptyLine.suppress()) ))

I tried to use pyp.Optional instead of:
    pyp.Suppress(pyp.Word("-")

But I can not get this to work.

Another question I have can I make things case insensitive in some way, e.g. just look for "confirmed address" or "unconfirmed" + anyword or something similar.

Appreciate a few tips on how I could go about this.

Thanks
    Werner

• Paul McGuire

Paul McGuire - 2009-09-07

CaselessLiteral("confirmed address") should handle case-insensitive matching.

All I can suggest is you try adding setName and setDebug() calls on some of your key expressions, and see where expected matches fail.

(Sorry to be so slow in responding - I've had a difficult couple of months both health and job-wise - thanks for your patience.)

-- Paul

• Werner F. Bruhin

Paul,

Thanks for the response.  I should actually have gotten back to the list as I found a solution, similar approach to your suggestion, i.e. using OneOf and caseless=True.

Sorry to hear about your health problems etc, hope you got that back "under control".

All the best
      Werner

addressStart = pyp.oneOf("unconfirmed shipping address;"
                                       "confirmed shipping address;"
                                       "adresse de livraison :;"
                                       "confirmed address;"
                                       "ship-to address:;"
                                       "ship-to address: - unconfirmed".split(';'), caseless=True)  +\                                  pyp.Optional(pyp.Word("-")).suppress()

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks