Hello to all the pyparsing news-trackers out there!
I'm writing to let you know that I have just finished working on a 60-page "getting started" e-book with O'Reilly Media, titled "Getting Started with Pyparsing".
This book goes into some depth on a number of pyparsing topics, including:
- an expanded example of "Hello, World!"
- the Zen of Pyparsing
- using parse actions and results names
- scraping data from a complex web page (the CIA Online Handbook's page of conversion factors)
- parsing a search query string
- building a search engine in < 100 lines of code
The complete source listings for all the examples are included in the book.
Please check it out at http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596514235/.
Log in to post a comment.