I'm currently having a problem starting up pyMPI on a simple 2 node test
1. mpirun works correctly across 2+ plus nodes
2. pyMPI runs correctly if started up in single cpu mode, with -np set to 1.
This works on both nodes.
3. pyMPI never gets to the >>> prompt, if I run it with -np set to 2.
4. I added printf statements to the pyMPI initialisation and it appears that
both nodes complete the MPI portion (because I get duplicate printfs). The
first (local) node then enters Py_Main and displays the credits, but the
second node enters Py_Main and never displays anything (assuming it should).
5. Result is that the process waits indefinitely for something to occur and
never displays the >>> prompt.
6. I am able to ssh to the second node and run pyMPI with -np set to 1.
Running suse 8.1
using mpich 1.x w/ssh, installed as precompiled binary from suse setup CD's
Is there anything I can look at to narrow down the problem?
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.