We are trying to track down and hopefully resolve a problem with the
left and right images getting confused in stereo mode with PyMOL. I
think this problem is limited to nVidia Quadro cards, but need more
If (and only if) you use PyMOL in hardware stereo mode (with shutter
glasses), could you please send me a direct email response to the
following questions? Please do so even if you don't have problems -- we
need a representative data set...
1) What OS are you running? (Linux, Windows XP, IRIX, MacOS, ...)
2) What graphics brand and card/chip do you have? (nVidia Quadro, ATI
FireGL, 3dLabs, ...)
3) When you run in Stereo, do the left and right images sometimes get
confused with PyMOL? Are they always swapped or just randomly swapped?
4) Do any other graphics programs which suffer the same issue? If so
which ones? (O, VMD, Quanta, etc.)
5) Do you have any other helpful comments or observations?
1. Linux Redhat 9.
2. nVidia Quadro FX 1100.
3. Yes, randomly swapped.
4. Haven't tried other software.
5. Never had this problem on SGI, only on Linux.
Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D. =20
. DeLano Scientific LLC =20
. 400 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213 =20
. South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA =20
. Biz:(650)-872-0942 Tech:(650)-872-0834 =20
. Fax:(650)-872-0273 Cell:(650)-346-1154
. mailto:warren@... =20
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.