I am currently
having a problem with the distance command when applied to merged objects.
The real case is actually when I remove a ligand from a binding site and merge
in a new ligand. But as a simple example, I think I can demonstrate
with the following:
ala1 & ID 3, ala2 & ID 0
This creates a
distance object fine. But if I now merge the two objects into a new
>create new, ala1
>disable ala1 |
and manually create
two single atom selections corresponding to the original ID 3 and ID 0 atoms
(using atom select mode and renaming the selections to give 'sele1' and
gives me a distance
between ID 0 and 3 both on what used to be ala2, and not between the two
Am I doing something
wrong with 'create'? I don't recall having a problem with this sort of
operation until maybe ~ 6 months ago... I am using rev 3971 under
Windows. Any help/advice greatly appreciated.
PLEASE READ: This email is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the named addressee(s) only and access to it by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this email or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorised and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender or firstname.lastname@example.org
. Email is not a secure method of communication and the Company cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message or any attachment(s). Please check this email for virus infection for which the Company accepts no responsibility. If verification of this email is sought then please request a hard copy. Unless otherwise stated, any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not represent those of the Company.
The Vernalis Group of Companies
613 Reading Road
Tel: +44 118 977 3133
To access trading company registration and address details, please go to the Vernalis website at www.vernalis.com
and click on the "Company address and registration details" link at the bottom of the page..