Install Problems

Help
Arituay
2008-02-22
2013-04-24
  • Arituay

Arituay - 2008-02-22

I received the following error when trying to install this program in Linux:

gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
    gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
    error: Command "gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -c PyML/ext/libsvm.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.5/PyML/ext/libsvm.o" failed with exit status 1

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

• AnonymousYoon

AnonymousYoon - 2008-04-20

I have encountered similar messages when I try to install PyML with numpy packaged compiled with only g77(Fortran 77). This was solved when I used recent upgrade of gfortran (Fortran 90). Although I got plenty of warnings that complain about comparing/assigning unsigned/signed values into the other, there was no error to install it under many linux distros including SuSE 10.3, Ubuntu 7 and Fedora 8.

• Josep Pijuan

Josep Pijuan - 2008-12-02

I also have some problems to install PyML. I use Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex), and the gcc version is:
      (Ubuntu 4.3.2-1ubuntu11) 4.3.2
      When I try to build the package the gcc compiler gives me an error:

(This is some text of the error)

running build
      running build_py
      running build_ext
      building 'PyML/clusterers/ext/_ckmeans' extension
      gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -c PyML/clusterers/ext/kmeans_wrap.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.5/PyML/clusterers/ext/kmeans_wrap.o
      cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wstrict-prototypes" is valid for Ada/C/ObjC but not for C++
      PyML/clusterers/ext/kmeans_wrap.cpp:2579:20: error: kmeans.h: No such file or directory
      PyML/clusterers/ext/kmeans_wrap.cpp: In function ‘void SWIG_Python_AddErrorMsg(const char*)’:
      PyML/clusterers/ext/kmeans_wrap.cpp:870: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
      PyML/clusterers/ext/kmeans_wrap.cpp: In constructor ‘swig::PyObject_ptr::PyObject_ptr(PyObject*, bool)’:
      PyML/clusterers/ext/kmeans_wrap.cpp:2536: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid ambiguous ‘else’

Could anybody help me?

Josep

• Josep Pijuan

Josep Pijuan - 2008-12-03

I solved my problem. I needed the swig and sip4 libraries. I test the version 0.7.0 and I compile with gcc-4.2.

I hope this information could help you.

Bye

• mohammad shariq

mohammad shariq - 2010-03-18

I am using openSUSE(11.1) to install PyML but trap in error when I am doing
    <linux-box> # python setup.py build
    running build
    running build_py
    running build_ext
    building 'PyML/containers/ext/_csparsedataset' extension
    gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -march=i586 -mtune=i686 -fmessage-length=0 -O2 -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector -funwind-tables -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -g -fwrapv -fPIC -I/usr/include/python2.6 -c PyML/containers/ext/SparseDataSet_wrap.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.6/PyML/containers/ext/SparseDataSet_wrap.o
    PyML/containers/ext/SparseDataSet_wrap.cpp:129:20: error: Python.h: No such file or directory
    PyML/containers/ext/SparseDataSet_wrap.cpp:2510:4: error: #error "This python version requires swig to be run with the '-classic' option"
    In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.4/ext/hash_map:59,
                     from PyML/containers/ext/SparseDataSet.h:14,
                     from PyML/containers/ext/SparseDataSet_wrap.cpp:2593:
    /usr/include/c++/4.4/backward/backward_warning.h:28:2: warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header which may be removed without further notice at a future date. Please use a non-deprecated interface with equivalent functionality instead. For a listing of replacement headers and interfaces, consult the file backward_warning.h. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated.
    PyML/containers/ext/SparseDataSet_wrap.cpp:734: error: expected initializer before ‘*’ token
    PyML/containers/ext/SparseDataSet_wrap.cpp:789: error: expected initializer before ‘*’ token
    PyML/containers/ext/SparseDataSet_wrap.cpp:810: error: expected initializer before ‘*’ token
    In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.4/stdexcept:38,
                     from PyML/containers/ext/SparseDataSet_wrap.cpp:2529:
    /usr/include/c++/4.4/exception:35: error: expected declaration before end of line
    error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

can any one help me ..

• Nishant Vijayakumar

Have you installed the python development environment? It contains all the necessary headers (like Python.h in your case) for development.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks