0.4 RELEASE NOTES Aug 30, 2008
I expect to move Pyke to beta status soon.
Please report bugs to http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyke at either:
forum => help
or tracker => bugs
INCOMPATIBILITIES WITH 0.3 RELEASE:
- Two parameters to knowledge_engine.engine have changed name (but not
- gen_dir is now gen_root_location
- gen_root_dir is now gen_root_pkg
Added the following features:
- Added 'special' commands to be able to run programs from rules and examine
- special.check_command -- runs program and checks exit status
- special.command -- runs program and returns stdout as tuple of lines
- special.general_command -- runs program and returns (exit_status,
- Added .kfb files to make universal facts easier.
- Added question bases and .kqb files so that rules can ask an end user
- Added a database trace_cursor to examples/web_framework/wsgi_app.py
which is enabled by setting the TRACE_SQL env variable to anything other
- Added performance testing and profiling harnesses to
- Added default parameter values to engine.prove_1 and engine.prove_n for
fixed_args and num_returns parameters.
Added the following web pages:
- The web pages have been extensively revised with many new pages to help
the person new to logic programming.
Added the following examples:
- learn_pyke as unfinished Computer Based Training example using the new
- towers_of_hanoi as a brute force solution to the Towers of Hanoi puzzle.
This generates multiple solutions (though only one is optimal).
The following bugs have been fixed:
- Fixed bug 2041883: installation error "Sorry: IndentationError"
- Fixed: the web_framework example does not do database commits.
- Fixed: small bug in examples/sqlgen/test.py cursor.execute parameters.
- Fixed: examples/web_framework not placing the returned document into a
singleton tuple as per WSGI spec.