I had some problem installing and running the example on my PC running on Windows XP.
The following is what I did:
- made a directory C:\PyKE
- downloaded pyke-1.0.4.zip from surceforge site to the directory
- unzipped the file, and it generated C:\PyKE\pyke-1.0.4 directory
-Opened a DOS command window and ran C:\PyKE\pyke-1.0.4\python setup.py build
- Also ran C:\PyKE\pyke-1.0.4\ python setup.py install
- it generated under my python directory C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\pyke
- I added C:\PyKE\pyke-1.0.4\example to PYTHONPATH
- To run the example, from DOS command window, cd to C:\PyKE\pyke-1.0.4\examples
- and invoked python command
- Then i did the following to load an example module
>> from examples.towers_of_hanoi import test
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "(stdin)", line 1, in (module)
ImportError: No module named towers_of_hanoi
Two things to check.
1. You need Python 2.5 or later. If you want to run Pyke on Python 3.x, you need to download and install the pyke3-1.0.4.zip file.
2. You should put the C:\PyKE\pyke-1.0.4 directory on your PYTHONPATH, rather than the examples directory.
Let me know if this solves the problem. I am currently working on a new release of Pyke that should make it a little easier to run the examples.
Thank you mtnyogi,
By putting C:\PyKE\pyke-1.0.4 on PYTHONPATh, it was resolved.
Log in to post a comment.