Menu

pykaraoke plays 1 song then stops

Help
2008-06-17
2013-04-25
  • Geoff Cooper

Geoff Cooper - 2008-06-17

Hi.

I've got pykaraoke working fine on XP and Vista, but on Fedora Core 8 it will only play 1 song then quits.  It won't jump to the next song like it does in Vista and even if I double click the next song in the playlist it still won't do anything.

The only option is to shut it down and restart it.

I've tried this on 2 different laptops, a Flybook A33 and an HP (Compaq) nx6110.  Linux 2.6.24.3-34.fc8 running the Gnome desktop

• David Rose

David Rose - 2008-06-24

I think this might be fixed in the upcoming 0.6 release (or you can download the cvs version today).  Let us know if you still experience this problem after you have installed this latest release.

David

• Geoff Cooper

Geoff Cooper - 2008-06-24

Where exactly can I download the CVS 0.6 version from?  I've searched the CVS tree and cannot find pykaraoke 0.6 at all.  .cvsignore 1.1, Changelog 1.18 MANIFEST.in 1.2, README.txt 1.24, cpuctrl.c 1.2, pycdgAux.c 1.7, cross-build-gp2x.sh 1.2, pycdg.py 1.29 etc etc, but no pykaraoke 0.6.

So where do I find it please?

Thanks.

• Frank Peoples Sr

Yeah, I'm interested too.

• Kelvin Lawson

Kelvin Lawson - 2008-06-24

Hi Geoff,

The v0.6 release is a work-in-progress and will be added to the release page shortly, we don't yet have an installer ready to download. In the meantime you can download the latest and greatest source code using a CVS client. There are some hints on how to do that here if you're not familiar with CVS:
        https://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=123242

If you'd prefer to save yourself the hassle, though, an installer for v0.6 should be out within the next few days (day-job permitting).

Cheers,
        Kelvin.