From: Roman Yakovenko <roman.yakovenko@gm...> - 2008-12-10 07:07:40
Recently, I committed few breaking changes, related to indexing suite
V2 to SVN. The purpose of those changes is to improve the installation
* the library became headers only
* the include directory has been changed from
"boost/python/suite/indexing", the files use "indexing_suite/"
* no need to deal with patching and rebuilding boost
* it is possible to use boost libraries, which comes with your system
* you can put the library anywhere you want - just update your
compiler include paths in the build script
* it is easier to redistribute it - just include the library with your sources
Py++ was updated to use the new structure.
Sorry for breaking change, but I think it worth the trouble.
Now, I am playing with idea, to "generate"( copy ) the files
automaticaly to the "generated code directory".
Thus, indexing suite functionality will be available to user transparently:
- no need to modify build script
- no need to install it!
- no need to know its existence at the start of the project.
The only disadvantage is the files will be duplicated on disk.
Obviously this feature could be configurable, with default option to
copy files ( less trouble for newbies ).
What do you think?
C++ Python language binding