Version 1.5.2 of PyEnchant has been released. This release fixes compatibility with py2exe, which was broken in the move to ctypes.
Version 1.5.1 of PyEnchant has been released, with the following changes:
* SpellChecker.add_to_personal renamed to SpellChecker.add and fixed to use the corresponding Dict method.
* GUI SpellChecker dialogs updated accordingly.
Version 1.5.0 of PyEnchant has been released, with the following changes:
* Migrated from SWIG to ctypes:
* now runs under PyPy!
* also opens possibilities for Jython, IronPython, ...
* Compatability updates for Python 3.0, mostly around unicode strings
* Dropped compatability with Python 2.2
Version 1.4.2 of PyEnchant has been released. This release provides compatability with the 1.4.2 version of Enchant, and some small bugfixes.
Version 1.4.0 of PyEnchant has been released. This release provides compatability with the 1.4.0 version of Enchant, including some new APIs and features.
Version 1.3.0 of PyEnchant has been released. This release provides some minor enhancements over the previous version, and includes updates to bundled software components on the Windows platform.
Version 1.3.0 of PyEnchant has been released. This release fixes a regression in the tokenization functionality found in the 1.2.0 release. In the process it introduces som every minor API changes - see the ChangeLog for details.
Version 1.2.0 of PyEnchant has been released. This release brings several enhancements and new features, see the ChangeLog for all the details. Key enhancements are:
* ability to filter special words such a email addresses and URLs
* native suggestion support in personal word lists
Version 1.1.5 of PyEnchant has been released. This is a bugfix release that addresses several hangs when using MySpell under MS Windows.
Version 1.1.4 of PyEnchant has just been released, including the following improvements:
* no longer writes to the Registry under Windows
* support for setuptools, Python Eggs, etc
* several smaller fixes/improvements
Version 1.1.3 of PyEnchant has just been released, including the following improvements:
* Support for Python 2.2
* Ability to look up the current language if none is specified
* Several memory leaks fixed
Version 1.1.2 of PyEnchant has been released. This release tracks the new 1.1.6 release of Enchant and adds some functionality of its own.
* Now requires enchant-1.1.6, as it contains API changes:
- New methods Broker.list_dicts() and Broker.list_languages()
- New method Dict.add_to_pwl, to deprecae Dict.add_to_personal
* Fixed English tokenization to disallow quotes at start/end of word
* Added __version__ attribute to the module
* On Windows, registry handling is now done at run-time and is more flexible. This means there is no install step required, so things should play nicer with py2exe, MovablePython, etc
Version 1.1.1 of PyEnchant has been released. This is mainly a bug-fix release, but it also contains some improved functionality.
* Moved SpellChecker into 'enchant.checker', but kept a reference in enchant.utils for backward-compatability
* SpellChecker nows falls back to English tokenizer if others are not available
* Implemented a wxPython dialog interface to SpellChecker
* Implemented a command-line interface to SpellChecker... read more
Version 1.1.0 of PyEnchant has been released, including many new features:
* MySpell support for the Windows installer
* Tokenisation library for splitting text into words
* SpellChecker class implementing a high-level spellcheck loop over a chunk of text
Grab it from the usual place: http://pyenchant.sourceforge.net/
To coincide with the 1.0.0 release, the project has finally been moved onto SourceForge from its previous home on my personal site. I hope you enjoy the far more reliable service.