Menu

PyCont's Bordered Matrices Method

Help
2016-03-18
2016-03-19
  • Andressa Apio

Andressa Apio - 2016-03-18

Dear all,

I'm researching the detection of bifurcation points and for Hopf's bifurcation (PyCont.TestFunc.py), there is the class Hopf_Bor, which uses the class BorderMethod on it. The Bordered Matrices method is implemented, but I can't find anywhere which is this method.Could someone help me, please?

Thank you very much.

• Rob Clewley

Rob Clewley - 2016-03-19

I'd like to help, but this isn't the part of the code that I developed and I'm not an expert in these methods. I'm not sure what you mean by "The Bordered Matrices method is implemented" but you don't see the code for it. Can you be a bit more explicit about what you've seen and what you've searched for? Isn't the bordered matrix method the BorderMethod defined in line 242 of TestFunc.py?

• Andressa Apio

Andressa Apio - 2016-03-19

Hi, Rob. Thanks for answering.
    Yes, it is the BorderMethod defined in line 242 of TestFunc.py. I tryed looking for which is this method used for solving the Bordered Matrix, but I couldn't find in literature. I know it's Drew LaMar's code, but I don't know how to contact him.
    I'm studying how to detect bifurcation points in order to facilitate parameter estimation in my masters. For this I'm using PyDSTool for my reserach, and of course I'll reference it.

Thank you again.

Last edit: Andressa Apio 2016-03-19
  • Rob Clewley

Rob Clewley - 2016-03-19

I believe you can contact him directly from here: http://www.people.wm.edu/~mdlama/.