site-package integration with pydev

cadube
2007-11-18
2013-03-15
  • cadube

cadube - 2007-11-18

Hello!

I use Eclipse for Java and Ruby code already, and I'm attempting to also use it for Python, and I've run into a bit of a snag- I've installed Python 2.4 and Pygame in the usual Mac OS X locations (that is, /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/bin/python and /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pygame/ respectively) but can't seem to access it from my code, that is, any attempt to "import pygame" will meet with "ImportError: No module named pygame". I've obviously forgotten something, perhaps one of you fine folks shall discover where:

1) My python interpreter is configured, to /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python

2) Both /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages
    and /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pygame are in my system PYTHONPATH

3) My forced builtin libraries:
    OpenGL
    __builtin__
    __main__
    _codecs
    _sre
    _symtable
    errno
    exceptions
    gc
    imp
    marshal
    os
    posix
    pwd
    signal
    sys
    thread
    wx
    wxPython
    xxsubtype
    zipimport

Should Pygame also show up in that list? Is there something else I should be checking, and am not? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

-cadube

• cadube

cadube - 2007-11-18

Typically, the next thing I tried worked. For anyone else having the same problems, I fixed it removing my interpreter completely, restarting eclipse, and re-adding it. This time it auto-detected the pygame module.

Sweet! Off to code.

-cadube