problem with custom interpreter

2010-07-30
2013-03-15
  • gary thompson

gary thompson - 2010-07-30

I have created a custom interpreter because I am using a command line program that embeds python. However, code complete ion doesn't always work. I think I know the reason why but don't know the solution. Specifically the thing that starts the python interpreter is a script that then passes arguments to a child program (the real interpreter) to make it act as a python interpreter (otherwise it interprets another legacy language). However, it appears that pydev launches a python process for code introspection. This starts the shells script but when looks for the interpreter by name and of course doesn't find the child interpreter.

help! ;-)

regards
    gary

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2010-08-20

Yes, pydev uses the interpreter configured for code-completion purposes, so, if you have a custom program it should properly copycat python on what it does.

What could probably be added in the configuration is having an option for specifying default parameters to the python executable configured (so that your program could properly handle those parameters when running).

If that'd meet your requirements, please add a feature request (you can point to this thread in it).

Cheers,

Fabio

• Anonymous - 2010-08-29

Hi

yes that sounds like the right answer to me ;-)

I will open a request

regards
    gary

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks