pydev and wx weirdness

k0001
2007-01-26
2013-03-15
  • k0001

k0001 - 2007-01-26

can someone tell me if i'm doing something wrong?
    take a look at the pic:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6346/what1vg.png

if i do a dir(wx) in there i got those 2 classes (Frame and App).. but i can't use them inside the code nicely! what's wrong???

Problems say:

Severity and Description    Path    Resource    Location    Creation Time    Id
    Undefined variable from import: App    hitori/src/main    gui.py    line 7    1169769223459    1802
    Undefined variable from import: Frame    hitori/src/main    gui.py    line 2    1169769259150    1803
    Undefined variable from import: Frame    hitori/src/main    gui.py    line 4    1169769174324    1799

but actually, if i run that... it runs!!!! but why am I getting these problems there then?

thanks in advance!

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2007-01-26

Is wx in your 'forced builtins'? (details at http://fabioz.com/pydev/manual_101_interpreter.html\)

Is your system pythonpath correct? (can you paste it?)

Do you have something in your error log?

• k0001

k0001 - 2007-01-26

yes wx and wxPython are in Forced Builtin

if I:
      $ echo $PYTHONPATH
      on bash, I get nothing, but in pydev/eclipse preferences... that list is full.

and.. no errors around here but that one.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Can you report that as a bug in the sf tracker? -- it is easier to me to help you diagnose why this is happening and keep track of it... (take a look at http://pydev.sourceforge.net/faq.html#ref_0 for the info you should provide for the bug report)

Cheers,

Fabio

• k0001

k0001 - 2007-01-26

well, i kinda fixed that by reinstalling the python interpreter and adding it again in pydev as the interpreter.
      that did it ok. now everything works like it should.

• Don Taylor

Don Taylor - 2007-01-26

I may have just had something similar in that Pydev started complaining about stuff like 'True' and 'None' and 'object'.  I killed and reset the Python interpreter and everything is OK now.

I think it occured just after upgrading to 1.2.6.

Another aspect of the problem was that after I reset the interpreter I had to touch the modules in Pydev to make the errors go away.  I think that closing and re-opening the module tabs also makes the errors to go away.

FWIW I have also noticed that sometimes after a find and replace Pydev thinks that there is an error in the code when there is none.  Again, if I touch the file (space+backspace+ctrl-S) then the error goes away.  It might be nice to have a force re-check keystroke.

Don.

• Fabio Zadrozny

The force check is: Ctrl+2 C
        (C for code-analysis).

Best Regards,

Fabio

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks