Command Shell Terminates

bjebn
2012-01-28
2013-03-15
  • bjebn

bjebn - 2012-01-28

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to execute commands from the command shell window within eclipse pydev. However, as soon as a i run a program it simply runs it and then terminates the shell window in the console saying at the top <terminates> user/documents/….test.py

Is there some simple configuration that i need to fix. I like eclipse and it works on my pc so i dont understand why it wont work on my mac.

Sincerely,
    Bjebn

• bjebn

bjebn - 2012-01-28

Some additional information -
    im trying to use this code

import graphics
    from graphics import *
    win =graphics.GraphWin()
    pt = Point(100,500)
    pt.draw(win)

it executes and launches the python icon but then simply closes. Note that any function cause the python window to terminate in the shell window, no history or nothing.

• bjebn

bjebn - 2012-01-29

Ah actually that solved the problem… in the interactive console window i had changed some settings to use SAGE that I never got to run within the Eclipse environment. Setting them back to default solved my problems with pydev.

On another note (perhaps merits its own discussion) has anyone gotten SAGE to work with pydev?

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2012-01-29

Regarding SAGE: I'd advise to ask at stackoverflow (actually, I'm in the process of changing the pydev homepage to say that the preferred place to ask for questions is stackoverflow, just tagging it properly as pydev - I have to follow it anyways and there will be more people that may be able to answer you there too).

Cheers,

Fabio

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks