You planing add Pylons support to PyDev?

2010-06-20
2013-03-15
  • Mikhail Filippov

Hi i try developing on Pylons, but i can't find good IDE for this. I like eclipse but i can't startup pylons project. You plain add Pylons to PyDev as Django?

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2010-06-21

Right now there are no plans to add a special support for it (although it could be added in the future).

Anyways, note that it should be possible to use Pydev for it even without any special support (as Django was until a few months ago). See https://sourceforge.net/projects/pydev/forums/forum/293649/topic/1659698?message=4130347 for some instructions on how to set it up.

Cheers,

Fabio

• Christoph Zwerschke

I'm using PyDev for developing apps for TurboGears (which is based on Pylons) and I can confirm that it works very well, including things like debugging. You just have to do certain things like quickstarting your app on the command line.

Nevertheless, I'd also like to see some support for Pylons/TurboGears integrated into PyDev as that would also help those projects to become more visible. Django is a great framework and very well maintained and documented, but I think other frameworks are more sophisticated from a technical point of view, and I prefer their way of integrating other projects such as SQLAlchemy over the monolithic NIH-oriented approach of Django.

• Mikhail Filippov

Ok i setup debugging all works, but i have problem with mako template, anyone know how to resolve it?