SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

Pydev 1.3.20 breaks some introspection

v3ss
2008-08-31
2013-03-15
  • v3ss

v3ss - 2008-08-31

Dear Fabio

Congratulations on joining pydev with Aptana Studio We will see the Very powerful IDE emerging soon . ! But i found some werd bugs which r not there before in 1.3.19

Introspection for many module are broken when i upgraded to 1.3.20 .

socket module , email module , and many other works fine before , now i have to put them into Build-ins to make auto completion work well.

Is a bug rite? or do you make it so we have to put them into builtins ?

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2008-09-01

Hi,

Can you give a more specific example? (I didn't understand what's not working).

Cheers,

Fabio

• v3ss

v3ss - 2008-09-02

I am trying with a fresh installation of pydev to make sure if thats only happening to me or not.
        Some module completion , deep  introspection , not working unless you put them into built-in mode.

For example Socket module. It works well without puttin into build-in mode.

• v3ss

v3ss - 2008-09-04

Confirmed!

Pydev 1.3.20's code introspection completion features is broken!

Reproducable , Luckily i still have a copy of eclipse with pydev -1.3.18 so i am able to test it.

Below are the details and  screenshots attached

In pydev 1.3.20 , many module completions that worked well under 1.3.18 stop working .

below sample code show completion fine in .18 :

import socket
      socket.

will produce a list of items as shown in below
      http://img393.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pydev18versionry2.png

but in pydev 1.3.20 :

Its only show only one item as below screenshot :

http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pydev20as4.png

Not just socket module , many other modules missing code completion that works well before.So thats seems to be a bug.

Is that due to this change? :
      >"Pydev code-completion: Wild import will only show tokens defined in __all__ (if it's available)"

Please check , Pydev was the best in code completion  for python.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2008-09-04

Yes, I think that the __all__ bug may be responsible for that... I'm already working on that for the next release (should be out in 1-2 weeks).

Cheers,

Fabio

• v3ss

v3ss - 2008-09-05

Thanks a lot for the best response!! i wish you best future for PyDEV and Aptana!

• Rosdi Kasim

Rosdi Kasim - 2008-09-11

I can confirm this problem. Once I uninstalled 1.3.20 and install 1.3.19, everything works fine.