pydev extensions install problems

Sean
2008-03-31
2013-03-15
  • Sean

Sean - 2008-03-31

I tried to install extensions the other day so I can run the remote debugger, however, after I installed it the icon for the remote debugger never showed up as shown here http://www.fabioz.com/pydev/manual_adv_remote_debugger.html

I tried to uninstall and reinstall and went to Manage Configurations in Eclipse as the manual shows, I disabled it, then restarted, but I was never given an option to Remove the plugin.  I removed it by hand in the features and plugins directory and attempted to reinstall that way instead.  After I unzipped the file again, it is still showing up as Disabled in my Eclipse Configurations and won't let me re-enable it?

How do I re-enable it and/or get the remote debugger icon to show up in my eclipse toolbar?

Anyone get the remote debugger to work?

Running Eclipse 3.3.0 and Pydev 1.3.14

Thanks.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2008-03-31

Hi Sean,

Were you at the debug perspective? (those icons will only appear if you're in the debug perspective... or if you customize you current perspective to have them: window > customize perspective > commands : pydev debug).

As for re-enabling, I'd actually suggest trying to clean the plugins (don't forget to remove the part from the eclipse/features too), restarting it with '-clean' and getting it from the update site.

Cheers,

Fabio

• Sean

Sean - 2008-03-31

ahh, thank you!  I was using the PyDev perspective so it wasn't showing up.

I was using "-clean", but couldn't use the update site for a while because of our proxy at first.  I reset my workspace Connections and the update site worked and things look good.

Thanks!

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks