OS X - basic PyDev run problem

kngpengwin
2007-11-30
2013-03-15
  • kngpengwin

kngpengwin - 2007-11-30

I'm new to Python and just installed PyDev for Eclipse 3.3 on OS X (v 10.4). I'm able to create a new project, and it runs, but before it runs ALL of my other C/C++ projects are rebuilt (or more accurately, checked for rebuilding). The python program is just a single file: /PythonProject/src/HelloWorld.py and I'm running it as a "Python Run"

This is, of course, very inconvenient, as I have quite a few projects in my workspace. I assume this is an easy setting that needs changing, or something I'm doing wrong in setting up my Python project, but I can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated!

Below is a sample of the console output while the rebuilds are happening:
    **** Build of configuration Debug for project HelloWorld-C++ ****

make all
    make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

tia

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2007-11-30

I've taken a look at it, and it appears that org.python.pydev.debug.ui.launching.AbstractLaunchConfigurationDelegate must override org.eclipse.debug.core.model.LaunchConfigurationDelegate#getBuildOrder (if that's not done, the default configuration seems to build all the projects in the workspace, and not only the referenced projects -- as I thought initially).

It shouldn't be difficult to add as the method to compute those references is already in LaunchConfigurationDelegate#computeReferencedBuildOrder (not sure why this isn't the default option in eclipse -- I thought it was until now -- yours is the 2nd time with this complain, so, I thought it was a misconfiguration in the 1st time this has been brought up).

So, can you report that as a bug? (please reference this thread in the bug)...

Cheers,

Fabio

• kngpengwin

kngpengwin - 2007-11-30

thanks for the quick reply. I just submitted it as a bug.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2007-12-11

Fixed for 1.3.11 (only referenced projects are rebuilt now).

Cheers,

Fabio

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks