PyDev make J2EE Projector Explorer not work

2007-03-30
2013-03-15
  • Huifeng Shen

Huifeng Shen - 2007-03-30

I am study J2EE now and I try the tutorial of http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/community/tutorials/ServletScenario/ServletScenario.html. I create a new Dynamic Web Project, but I can not find it in "J2EE Projector Explorer" view. I switch to Java perspective and find "HelloWorld" project. Then I disable all the plugin except that from Callisto distribution. Then I find "HelloWorld" project can be find in "J2EE Projector Explorer" view. Then I try to disable some plugins. Then I find it's PyDev plugins make this problem. I enable all the plugins except PyDev, it works fine!

I think PyDev is a good plugin but I do not try other version to see whether the previous version has the same problem.

I environment is JDK 1.6.0-b105, Eclipse 3.2.2 (All the Callisto plugins are installed), I also install some plugin from Tikal dist (But these plugins does not make the problem, I disable all the plugins from Tikal, enable Pydev and the plugins from Callisto, the problem exists).

I'm not sure if this is a bug, I report it in users forums.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2007-03-30

Which pydev version are you using?

• Huifeng Shen

The version I use is 1.3.1.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Maybe you have some filter that is filtering those projects active? Do you have something in your error log?

• Huifeng Shen

I do not think so. I begin my web project in a new workspace and do a litte customization (even I do not know how to filter the projects).

I do another experiment, I enable pydev "apply change" without restart in help/software updates/manage configuration, at that time, I can see the project. But when the eclipse is restart, it disappear.

I also do the experiment find on JDK 1.5, this problem still exists.

The error I find in the log file under .metadata is about Mylar
        !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2007-03-30 22:40:54.437
        !MESSAGE While loading class "org.eclipse.mylar.context.core.ContextCorePlugin", thread "main" timed out waiting (5000ms) for thread "Worker-1" to finish starting bundle "org.eclipse.mylar.context.core". To avoid deadlock, thread "main" is proceeding but "org.eclipse.mylar.context.core.ContextCorePlugin" may not be fully initialized.
        !STACK 0

So I do another experiment to disable all the Plugins fro Tikal and install pydev, the results make me disappointed. The projects still disappear except the pydev is disable.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Probably you have the filter to show only pydev projects active... on the projects view, click on the 'downside triangle' in the menu, and choose 'filters', and check what filters are active or not.

Cheers,

Fabio

• Huifeng Shen

You are right. The pydev filter all non-pydev projects. I un check this, the project is visible.

But my question is why pydev filter non-pydev projects. I find the default pydev perspective only have three views: navigator, problems, outlines.

Thanks a lot.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Actually, you can add more views to the perspective (and the pydev package explorer should be preferred over the navigator -- it's just still not in the default pydev perspective, but will be added in the next release).

Cheers,

Fabio

• Huifeng Shen

It had better to unset non-pydev projects on projects explorer view and it will make many people confused.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Agreed... it certainly shouldn't be active by default (that was a bug) -- just fixed it (in the cvs).

Cheers,

Fabio

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks