Problem adding altinstalled python3.2

Anonymous
2011-12-21
2013-03-15
  • Anonymous - 2011-12-21

Hi,
    Using opensuse 12.1 with eclipse 3.7.1 and pydev 2.3.0 I can add /usr/bin/python3.2 (the system supplied package) as an interpreter with no problems.  However, if I try to do the same with a locally compiled and installed version at /usr/local/bin/python3.2 I see the errors below (taken from log).  Any idea what I am doing wrong?
    Thanks,
    Andrew

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to recreate the Interpreter info (Its format changed. Please, re-create your Interpreter information).Contents found:pydoc - the Python documentation tool

pydoc3 <name> …
        Show text documentation on something.  <name> may be the name of a
        Python keyword, topic, function, module, or package, or a dotted
        reference to a class or function within a module or module in a
        package.  If <name> contains a '/', it is used as the path to a
        Python source file to document. If name is 'keywords', 'topics',
        or 'modules', a listing of these things is displayed.

pydoc3 -k <keyword>
        Search for a keyword in the synopsis lines of all available modules.

pydoc3 -p <port>
        Start an HTTP server on the given port on the local machine.  Port
        number 0 can be used to get an arbitrary unused port.

pydoc3 -b
        Start an HTTP server on an arbitrary unused port and open a Web browser
        to interactively browse documentation.  The -p option can be used with
        the -b option to explicitly specify the server port.

pydoc3 -g
        Deprecated.

pydoc3 -w <name> …
        Write out the HTML documentation for a module to a file in the current
        directory.  If <name> contains a '/', it is treated as a filename; if
        it names a directory, documentation is written for all the contents.

at org.python.pydev.ui.pythonpathconf.InterpreterInfo.fromString(InterpreterInfo.java:263)
    at org.python.pydev.ui.interpreters.AbstractInterpreterManager.createInfoFromOutput(AbstractInterpreterManager.java:418)
    at org.python.pydev.ui.interpreters.PythonInterpreterManager.doCreateInterpreterInfo(PythonInterpreterManager.java:70)
    at org.python.pydev.ui.interpreters.PythonInterpreterManager.internalCreateInterpreterInfo(PythonInterpreterManager.java:43)
    at org.python.pydev.ui.interpreters.AbstractInterpreterManager.createInterpreterInfo(AbstractInterpreterManager.java:368)
    at org.python.pydev.ui.pythonpathconf.ObtainInterpreterInfoOperation.run(ObtainInterpreterInfoOperation.java:81)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

eclipse.buildId=M20110909-1335
    java.version=1.6.0_25
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -data /home/andrew/projects/personal/lepl/eclipse-workspace

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2011-12-21

Well, what PyDev does is execute the path you passed passing plugins/org.python.pydev/PySrc/interpreterInfo.py as a parameter - from the output, I'd say the executable you're passing is a link to pydoc3 and not to Python… Can you execute it in the command line:

/my/path/to/python plugins/org.python.pydev/PySrc/interpreterInfo.py and see if you have a different output? Also, if you just execute /my/path/to/python in the command line, it should start the python interactive shell… does this happen in your case?

Cheers,

Fabio

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks