Problems Running PyDev

2006-11-29
2013-03-15
  • LowjackDesigns

LowjackDesigns - 2006-11-29

Hi,

I am new to PyDev, but I am somewhat familiar to Eclipse.  I have installed a few times using the eclispe update tool from the site http://www.fabioz.com/pydev/updates.  I have both PyDev and the Extensions.  I am running PyDev 1.2.5 and using Eclipse 3.2.  The Python interpreter I am using is ActivePython 2.3.  I can create a new Pyton project fine, but the problem starts when I create a new Pyton Package.  I get the following errors in the error log.

org.python.pydev.editor.codecompletion.PyContentAssistant.setRepeatedInvocationTrigger(Lorg/eclipse/jface/bindings/keys/KeySequence;)V
    and
    Unhandled event loop exception

The trace for the first error is:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.python.pydev.editor.codecompletion.PyContentAssistant.setRepeatedInvocationTrigger(Lorg/eclipse/jface/bindings/keys/KeySequence;)V
        at org.python.pydev.editor.PyEditConfiguration.getContentAssistant(PyEditConfiguration.java:262)
        at org.eclipse.jface.text.source.SourceViewer.configure(SourceViewer.java:357)
        at org.python.pydev.editor.codefolding.PySourceViewer.configure(PySourceViewer.java:50)
        at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.createPartControl(AbstractTextEditor.java:2554)
        at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.StatusTextEditor.createPartControl(StatusTextEditor.java:53)
        at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.createPartControl(AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.java:343)
        at org.python.pydev.editor.codefolding.PyEditProjection.createPartControl(PyEditProjection.java:70)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:596)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:372)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:566)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:290)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setVisible(PresentablePart.java:140)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.PresentablePartFolder.select(PresentablePartFolder.java:266)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.LeftToRightTabOrder.select(LeftToRightTabOrder.java:65)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation.selectPart(TabbedStackPresentation.java:394)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:1147)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.setSelection(PartStack.java:1100)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.showPart(PartStack.java:1319)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.showPart(PartStack.java:1285)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.add(PartStack.java:454)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.add(EditorStack.java:102)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.add(PartStack.java:440)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.add(EditorStack.java:111)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorSashContainer.addEditor(EditorSashContainer.java:60)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.addToLayout(EditorAreaHelper.java:217)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.addEditor(EditorAreaHelper.java:207)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createEditorTab(EditorManager.java:819)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditorFromDescriptor(EditorManager.java:718)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditor(EditorManager.java:679)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2501)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2436)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$10(WorkbenchPage.java:2428)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$9.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2413)
        at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2408)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2393)
        at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:388)
        at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:350)
        at org.python.pydev.ui.wizards.files.AbstractPythonWizard.performFinish(AbstractPythonWizard.java:92)
        at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:680)
        at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:355)
        at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$3.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:652)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:90)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:925)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3346)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2966)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:820)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:796)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.NewWizardShortcutAction.run(NewWizardShortcutAction.java:110)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:499)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:539)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:488)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:400)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1914)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1878)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:419)
        at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:95)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:376)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:169)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

Also when I press the ok button to create the new package it will create the package in the navigator, but the dialog box to create the new package doesn't go away.  I have to press cancel to get rid of it.  Under the newly created package I can create a new module, but that causes the same errors as well.  Also whenever I click on the editor window I generate the same errors again.  And to top it all off when I close Eclipse there are more errors generated.  I haven't tried to install from Zip files yet so I will try that next.  If anyone has any ideas pls let me know.  I would really like to use eclipse for my python development.

lowjack

• LowjackDesigns

LowjackDesigns - 2006-11-29

Also when I try to double click on the python module I created I get this error in the error log:
      I probably have made some simple error with install or something so go easy on me.

Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.python.pydev.editor.codecompletion.PyContentAssistant.setRepeatedInvocationTrigger(Lorg/eclipse/jface/bindings/keys/KeySequence;)V
          at org.python.pydev.editor.PyEditConfiguration.getContentAssistant(PyEditConfiguration.java:262)
          at org.eclipse.jface.text.source.SourceViewer.configure(SourceViewer.java:357)
          at org.python.pydev.editor.codefolding.PySourceViewer.configure(PySourceViewer.java:50)
          at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.createPartControl(AbstractTextEditor.java:2554)
          at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.StatusTextEditor.createPartControl(StatusTextEditor.java:53)
          at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.createPartControl(AbstractDecoratedTextEditor.java:343)
          at org.python.pydev.editor.codefolding.PyEditProjection.createPartControl(PyEditProjection.java:70)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:596)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:372)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:566)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:290)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setVisible(PresentablePart.java:140)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.PresentablePartFolder.select(PresentablePartFolder.java:266)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.LeftToRightTabOrder.select(LeftToRightTabOrder.java:65)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation.selectPart(TabbedStackPresentation.java:394)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:1147)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.setSelection(PartStack.java:1100)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.showPart(PartStack.java:1319)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.showPart(PartStack.java:1285)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.add(PartStack.java:454)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.add(EditorStack.java:102)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.add(PartStack.java:440)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.add(EditorStack.java:111)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorSashContainer.addEditor(EditorSashContainer.java:60)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.addToLayout(EditorAreaHelper.java:217)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.addEditor(EditorAreaHelper.java:207)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createEditorTab(EditorManager.java:819)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditorFromDescriptor(EditorManager.java:718)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditor(EditorManager.java:679)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2501)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2436)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$10(WorkbenchPage.java:2428)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$9.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2413)
          at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2408)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2393)
          at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:388)
          at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:350)
          at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.EditorUtility.openInEditor(EditorUtility.java:275)
          at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.EditorUtility.openInEditor(EditorUtility.java:139)
          at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.actions.OpenActionUtil.open(OpenActionUtil.java:49)
          at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction.run(OpenAction.java:181)
          at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction.run(OpenAction.java:165)
          at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.dispatchRun(SelectionDispatchAction.java:267)
          at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.run(SelectionDispatchAction.java:243)
          at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerActionGroup.handleOpen(PackageExplorerActionGroup.java:296)
          at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerPart$4.open(PackageExplorerPart.java:648)
          at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$2.run(StructuredViewer.java:810)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:816)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:44)
          at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:149)
          at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireOpen(StructuredViewer.java:808)
          at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1040)
          at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$6.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1139)
          at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireOpenEvent(OpenStrategy.java:249)
          at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$2(OpenStrategy.java:243)
          at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:283)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1914)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1878)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:419)
          at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:95)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:376)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:169)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
          at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
          at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
          at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

• LowjackDesigns

LowjackDesigns - 2006-11-30

After trying many different things it turns out the problem was related to using Eclipse 3.2.  Once I upgraded to Eclipse 3.2.1 python worked properly.  I didn't read anything about pydev not working on eclipse 3.2, but i'll go back and check.  Anyways problem solved.

Lowjack

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2006-11-30

Really strange... the API in both versions should be the same... So, maybe it was a broken install on version 3.2 (and in version 3.2.1, getting a fresh pydev solved it).

Anyways, it's nice to see that it's solved!

Cheers,

Fabio

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks