Pydev debugger starts, then waits forever

Chris Lott
2008-04-25
2013-03-15
  • Chris Lott

Chris Lott - 2008-04-25

Hello, I am using Eclipse 3.3.2, pydev 1.3.15, and python 2.4.4 on a windoze xp box. I do not have psyco installed.  In a nutshell, the pydev debugger does not work for all breakpoints.  In detail:  I set a breakpoint in a python module, then launch the debugger.  Some breakpoints are recognized and the debugger stops there just as I expect.  But for many other breakpoints, execution never reaches the breakpoint, the whole setup merely seems to go into some wait state.  Eclipse continues to respond, I can stop the execution with the usual square red button. The CPU is not in some infinite loop, the task manager shows no activity.  This program executes in about half a second normally (it's just a little data-manipulation program).  I know this is an impossibly vague bug report.  I am posting in the hope that someone will suggest a way to get more information from the setup when it has gone into its zombie mode, then I will extend this report.  Thanks for listening.

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2008-04-25

Do you think you can report that as a bug with some self-contained example so that I can reproduce it?

Cheers,

Fabio

• Peter Melvyn

Peter Melvyn - 2008-04-25

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2008-04-25

Please report a bug with it (when it stays only in the forum, there's a high probability that I'll forget about it)...

Cheers,

Fabio

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks