How to disable the PyDev Builder ?

dmeyer
2005-02-01
2013-03-15
  • dmeyer

dmeyer - 2005-02-01

Hi,
    can I disable the PyDev Builder ?

I habe a Problem because my python project comprises several hundred of modules so every time the PyDev Builder starts its scan I can't do anything for a minute and more (P4 1.7 GHz, Python 2.3.4, PyDev 8.0.5, Eclipse 3.0.1)

I tried to disable the PyDev Builder in the project settings but this is not for long: after a short time or when I'm restarting eclipse I have a new entry (check box is on) and the "remove" button is not sensible ...

I tried to comment it out in the plugin.xml but no success ...

One more note about getting rid of PyDev Builder ;-): I tried to delete the task tags in the preferences - after that I had a task for every line in the module ....

Cheers,
    Derk

• Fabio Zadrozny

Fabio Zadrozny - 2005-02-01

Hi Derk,

actually right now, you can't disable the builder. Eclipse does not give me the "disabled status". For the plugin it is as if it didn't exist anymore, so, it is redone in this case.

I will try to make a feature where you can disable it  for the next build (probably this week). And will get that bug from the tasks removed.

Oh, just as a note: if you don't use the builder, you're probably not going to be able to use code completion very well, (and pylint and the tasks...)

Cheers,

Fabio

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks