When accessing members of an imported static object from an external jar PyDev shows an error.
1) Download "The Grinder" and unpack it somewhere (http://grinder.sourceforge.net).
2) Create a new Jython project with the default source folder.
3) In project properties add "grinder.jar" as an external jar.
3) Create a single Python module called "tester.py"
4) Add the following code to tester.py:
from net.grinder.script.Grinder import grinder
from java.lang import Integer
log = grinder.logger.output
out = grinder.logger.TERMINAL
You will see that "logger" is underlined as an error on both lines. Code completion is also not available when accessing members of the "grinder" object. Accessing static members of a core Java Object does not give an error.
I've used grinder as an example as it's what I had available.
System: Windows XP
Eclipse version: 3.3.1
PyDev version: 1.3.17
PyDev extensions: 1.3.17