This is a completely rewritten setup.py file that
should fix bugs #1094871, #968726 and #920966.
The root cause for these bugs is some hardcoded paths
for the pychecker script. Basically, because the path
is hardcoded, setup.py doesn't obey --prefix, --home,
etc. I fixed this by rewriting setup.py to use some
customized distutils action classes.
I've tested the new script on Debian with Python 2.1,
2.2, 2.3 and 2.4. It seems to work as expected.
Unfortunately, I don't have a good way to test right
now on Windows, but it's all pretty standard and should
work properly there as well.
Log in to post a comment.