Menu

Tool change

Help
2011-10-22
2013-03-08
  • Andreas Pramesberger

Hello

and many thanks for pycam, tried it for 1 day but seems to be great.
    Question:  I created g-codes for 2 different tools (diameter) for roughing and finishing. Under settings/preferences the box "measure and compensate tool lenght on tool change" is selected, also the box "pause cgcode execution before and after tool change".  After import in expertmill the simulation does not stop, the whole milling is done witthout pause.
    What do I do wrong?

many thanks
    Andi

• Lars

Lars - 2011-11-17

Hi Andi,

I don't know expertmill and I could not find a reference for their M/G-code implementation. Thus I can only guess, that expertmill does not understand the "M0" code. See the EMC2 reference for this command:
    http://www.linuxcnc.org/handbook/RS274NGC_3/RS274NGC_33a.html#1002379

You need to check if expertmill uses a different code for pausing program execution. Please report back if you discover any details. This kind of problems will be solved by specific post-processors in the near future.

cheers,
    Lars

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi Lars,

thanks for your answer, I try to find out what command is used.
    Its no big deal anyway, cause I can import the g-codes one by one and initiate the tool length check and tool change manually.
    A great feature is the bounding box. On bigger objects I can mill only a small but detailed section with a small (1mm) cutter.
    Saves tons of time.

regards
    Andi

• Lars

Lars - 2011-11-21

Hi Andi,

I am glad, that you like the bounding box feature!

Regarding the G-Code conversion: please report back to us with the relevant GCodes for Expertmill - it will be used for the post-processors in PyCAM (to be implemented).

cheers,
    Lars