Menu

Failed to initialize the interactive 3D model

Help
2011-12-20
2013-03-08
  • Jan HR Slos

Jan HR Slos - 2011-12-20

Hi, I have just installed PyCam and when starting it I receive the error "Failed to initialize the interactive 3D model view.
    Please install 'python-gtkglext1' to enable it.". I use UBUNTU 11.04 and had installed python-gtkglext1, removed it and installed it again, the result is the same. Anybody out there who knows what to do?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi, Janochek

The solution is actually really simple it happens to engineering apprentices all the time; they forget to think methodically.

Install the Dependency/s that you need after_ installing pycam and then restart your computer!_

I believe when it comes to software that is a type of "service" and flagged in use by the system; Ubuntu defers final installation and registry updates for system stability reasons. So basically a reset is required! GTK is a Graphical User Interface platform http://www.gtk.org/ making it a very important service.

If that doesnt help here are a few other tips that directly relate to this problem.

Check that your graphics card driver is correctly installed and configured (Nvidia drivers are a common source of problems)

Check that all dependancies are installed INCLUDING python-opengl, libgtkglext1, python-gtkglext1

hope that helps :-D

ALEXR