Ported to Python 3.3

Help
jim harvey
2014-03-16
2014-04-24
  • jim harvey

jim harvey - 2014-03-16

Hi -
    I ported PyCam to Python 3.3 (windows version) and made what I think are some improvements in the waterline/contour-follow process. Don't know if there's any interest in this kind of thing, and if there is, then maybe more importantly, what's the best way share them. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Tnx Jim
    PS: FWIW, the modified code is not backwards compatible; i.e, In its current form, The modified code wont run under Python 2.x

• Lars

Lars - 2014-04-14

Hi Jim,

thank you for putting time and effort into PyCAM. Since I am currently not able to put time into it myself I would recommend to just publish your work as a git branch. You could do this here on sourceforge (I would give you permissions, if required) or at some other git hosting site.
    Thank you!
    lars

• jim harvey

jim harvey - 2014-04-24

Thanks Lars,
      I'm new to Python [and pretty much everything else used in PyCAM]. So porting it was a bit of an effort. But at the same time, a great way to learn the language. And to be clear, moving it, pales to what you've put into the original work. So thanks for making this an Open Source Project
      I'll try to figure out how to set up a git branch, and will report back, when its there.

Tnx Jim