Help
circaeng
2012-01-12
2013-03-08
  • circaeng

circaeng - 2012-01-12

Hi,

I have a dxf model of the letter a

"remove material" and "cleanup" produce correct paths on it but "carve contour" cuts the model in two where it shouldn't

I would share the dxf file if I know how.

Thank You

Patrick

• Nobody/Anonymous

I had the same problem with the latest svn version. It generates extra paths that cut trough the model.
    This problem is absent in the previous version 5.1 (linux)

• Lars

Lars - 2012-01-12

Hi,

@Patrick:
    please send the model via mail to me (sumpfralle  users.sourceforge.net). A more detailed description of the process parameters (or a screenshot) would also be great.

@nobody:
    The new svn version behaves a bit tricky in this regard: you need to select a "collission model" in the "task" tab. I will add a warning dialog regarding this issue soon.
    Or did you encounter a different problem?

cheers,
    Lars

• Nobody/Anonymous

It is exactly as you say. I have encountered the issue with the Waterline process, the issue is present when no collision model is selected.
    This program is an essential part of the toolchain.
    Thanks.

• Lars

Lars - 2012-01-12

Hi,

I am glad to hear, that your (nobody's) issue is fixed. I just added a warning regarding the missing collision model to svn. The warning will show up in the status bar (for a short time). Additionally it will be added as a warning to the log window - thus there will a quite visible "warning" icon in the status bar, as well.
    Do you think, this would solve this user interface problem?

cheers,
    Lars

• Nobody/Anonymous

Yes, the warnings should be sufficient.

• Lars

Lars - 2012-01-14

Hi Patrick,

thanks for sending me the DXF file - the shape looks very good!
    The issue is a problem of the "contour (polygon)" algorithm - it simply fails to work correctly, if the bounding box cuts through a piece of the model. Instead you need to generate the toolpath for the whole model. Alternatively you could also try the "polygon (follow)" algorithm - but sadly it is not very stable.

Hope this helps!
    cheers,
    Lars