444 lines (285 with data), 15.2 kB
2013-06-23 Thomas Heller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Updated the code with the current MemoryLoadLibrary module which
will also work on 64-bit windows.
2013-05-24 Thomas Heller <email@example.com>
* properly implemented the activation context handling like it
works in the python dll itself: We store the actctx, and wrap
calls to MemoryLoadLibrary with _My_ActivateActCtx() and
2009-08-14 Thomas Heller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Fix 'DeprecationWarning: the sets module is deprecated' in Python 2.6,
when building an executable.
2008-04-10 Mark Hammond
* If a Python 2.5 built app was installed over a Python 2.4 built app,
the app would crash as Python 2.5 loaded Python 2.4's zlib.pyd; zlib is
builtin in Python 2.5 and later, so no 2.5 version of zlib.pyd exists.
2008-12-15 Mark Hammond
* Fix via the mailing list to fix strange icons being displayed on Vista.
2008-11-06 Thomas Heller <email@example.com>
* Fixed a modulefinder crash on certain relative imports.
2008-11-01 Thomas Heller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Changed the py2exe\samples\singlefile\gui\test_wx.py sample to
use the wx package instead of the old wxPython package.
2008-08-28 Mark Hammond <email@example.com>
* Copy the manifest, if any, from the 'template' into the targets
to ensure embedded assembly references, as required for python 2.6 based
apps, are copied.
* Allow each target to specify Vista User Access Control flags. For
example, specifying 'uac_execution_info="requireAdministrator"' would
force elevation for the final executable.
2008-05-19 Jimmy Retzlaff <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Bump version number to 0.6.8.
* Updated test suite to be smarter about which interpreters to use
for testing and to output stats.
* Merged modulefinder.py r59200 from the Python svn trunk into
mf.py in order to support relative imports.
* Use Python 2.5 to build the source distribution.
* Include the entire test suite in the source distribution.
2008-04-17 Thomas Heller <email@example.com>
* Changes to the test suite.
* Fix MemoryLoadLibrary to handle loading function addresses by
ordinal numbers. Patch and test by Matthias Miller - thanks!
2008-04-05 Jimmy Retzlaff <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Using the options compressed=1, bundle_files=3, and zipfile=None at
the same time now works; patch from Alexey Borzenkov (sf request id
2008-04-04 Thomas Heller <email@example.com>
* py2exe\boot_ctypes_com_server.py: Port this module from
ctypes.com to comtypes. Work in progress.
2008-04-01 Thomas Heller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Allow renaming of single-executable files; patch from Alexey
Borzenkov (sf request id 1516099)
2008-02-29 Thomas Heller <email@example.com>
* py2exe\__init__.py: Bump version number to 0.6.7.
* source\py2exe_util.c: Embedding icon resources into the image
does now work correctly even for ico files containing multiple
2007-09-07 Thomas Heller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* build_exe.py: Patch from Grant Edwards, slightly adjusted:
py2exe now renames the pyd files that it copies into the dist
directory so that they include the package name. This prevents
2007-03-26 Mark Hammond <email@example.com>
* Samples for the 'typelibs' support, including the new option of
pre-generating a typelib and specifying the file as an input to py2exe
2006-12-27 Jimmy Retzlaff <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* boot_common.py: Handle new parameter to fake_getline in Python 2.5
as suggested by Tim Tucker.
2006-11-22 Thomas Heller <email@example.com>
* py2exe does now work sort-of on win64, with a 64-bit build of
* On win64, complain if bundle_files < 3. This is not yet
supported since the code in source\MemoryModule.c does not work on
* Updated the mktab.py script (which generates import-tab.c and
import-tab.h) for Py_ssize_t and the definition of PyInit_Module4
on win64. Regenerated import-tab.c and import-tab.h.
* build_exe.py: Don't copy w9xpopen.exe if it does not exist (on a
64-bit Python installation, for example).
* build_exe.py: Add gdiplus.dll to the list of excluded dlls.
2006-12-27 Jimmy Retzlaff <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Run all tests with and without the --compression option - this
catches the problems zlib problem with Python 2.5.
* Added a test case that catches the sys.path regression.
2006-10-24 Mark Hammond <email@example.com>
* Add calc_dirname() which calculates the dirname global, and call this
from _InitPython, so _InitPython can be called externally before
* My most recent checkin did not update sys.frozen to the new value if
Python was already initialized. Although that is all nasty hackery,
it now works as before (ie, sys.frozen is set to the new value)
* Load Python before the ISAPI extension module, as that module itself
depends on Python.
* Write an event log error when the ISAPI module failed to load.
2006-10-18 Mark Hammond <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* zipextimporter.py: Py2.5 doesn't recognize .dll as a module;
pywintypes/pythoncom now get specital treatment
* start.c: If Python is already initialized, assume we have struck 2
pyexe DLLs in the same process, and adjust sys.path accordingly.
Its kinda lame, but will work if everyone magically happens to use
the same version.
* run_isapi.c: Replace MessageBox (which will hang an ISAPI app) with
an event-log entry. Entry is pretty lame; there are no message
resources in py2exe apps.
2006-07-02 Mark Hammond <email@example.com>
* New isapi and com_server samples
2006-06-29 Mark Hammond <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* py2exe.txt: Add notes re service cmdline handling.
* Python-dynload.c: Before doing a LoadLibrary for the Python DLL,
ensure it isn't already in memory. This gets the ISAPI stuff working
2006-06-20 Mark Hammond <email@example.com>
* boot_service.py: Support more 'command-line styles' for services
(allowing 'pywin32' meaning the same as pywin32 itself, and 'custom'
meaning the cmdline handler must be provided) and allow the user to
select it via the 'cmdline_style' option.
2006-02-13 Jimmy Retzlaff <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* py2exe 0.6.4 released.
* Changed bundle-files=4 option to be the skip-archive option.
bundle-files is really about DLLs, not bytecode files.
* Added experimental new custom-boot-script option which allows a
boot script to be specified which can do things like installing
a customized stdout blackhole. The custom boot script is executed
during startup of the executable immediately after boot_common.py
2005-12-10 Jimmy Retzlaff <email@example.com>
* Apply a patch from Antony Kummel adding a more elaborate
explanation for the motivation behind the special handling of
stdout/stderr in windows (as opposed to console) applications.
* Locate extension modules relative to the archive's location
when an archive is used.
* Add bundle-files=4 option which copies the .pyo files directly
into the dist directory and subdirectories - no archive is used.
* Performance improvements for mf.py from Thomas Heller.
2005-10-06 Jimmy Retzlaff <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* py2exe 0.6.3 released.
* Added build.cmd that builds files for release.
* Added Jimmy Retzlaff as maintainer and changed website pointers
2005-09-09 Thomas Heller <email@example.com>
* py2exe\build_exe.py (py2exe.copy_extensions): Make the
dll-excludes option available on the command line - it was only
possible to specify that in the options argument to the setup
The dll-excludes list can now be used to filter out dlls like
msvcr71.dll or even the w9xpopen.exe.
(py2exe.copy_extensions): Fix from Gordon Scott, py2exe crashed
copying extension modules in packages.
2005-09-07 Thomas Heller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* py2exe 0.6.2 released.
* MANIFEST.in: The source archive was not complete.
* MemoryModule.c: Fixed a bug which loaded dlls more than once,
with very strange effects.
* Special handling of MSVCR71.dll and MSVCR71D.dll - they are now
copied into the dist directory if needed. Note that Microsoft
explicitely states that MSVCR71D.dll - the debug version - is NOT
* Use w9xpopen_d.exe in a debug build. Handle the release and the
debug version of MSVCR71 in the same way.
* Fix the definition of Py_InitModule4 in the import table. This
allows to build a debug version of py2exe.
2005-09-06 Thomas Heller <email@example.com>
* Fix the import of extensions in packages. This made newer
versions of wxPython (for example) fail.
2005-09-05 Thomas Heller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* py2exe 0.6.1 released.
* docs\py2exe.txt: Updated the html-pages.
2005-04-28 Thomas Heller <email@example.com>
* py2exe can now bundle binary extensions and dlls into the zip
archive, and load them with a custom zipextimporter. This uses
code originally written by Joachim Bauch and enhanced by me, which
simulates the LoadLibrary windows api call. The exe stubs now use
runtime dynamic loading of the Python dll.
* py2exe does now by default include the codecs module and the
complete encodings package.
* py2exe\boot_service.py: Patch from Cory Dodt to allow building a
service from a module inside a package.
* py2exe\build_exe.py (py2exe.find_needed_modules): Another patch
from Shane Holloway to handle packages with multiple entries in a
package's __path__ list.
2004-12-30 Thomas Heller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* py2exe\build_exe.py (py2exe.find_needed_modules.visit): Patch
from Shane Holloway for better modulefinder's AddPackagePath
* source\start.c: Patch from David Bolen, to make the unbuffered
2004-10-22 Thomas Heller <email@example.com>
* py2exe can now create module crosss references in HTML format,
and displays them in the default browser.
2004-09-22 Thomas Heller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* py2exe\build_exe.py: Added the .pyw extension for Python modules.
2004-09-06 Mark Hammond <email@example.com>
* Support for stand-alone ISAPI DLL.
2004-06-02 Mark Hammond <firstname.lastname@example.org>
2004-08-24 Mark Hammond <email@example.com>
* Various 'thread-state' issues in COM DLL support.
2004-07-30 Thomas Heller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* py2exe\build_exe.py: zipfile can now be specified as None, in
this case the Python modules library archive is appended to the
exe-files created. Doesn't make too much sense in the normal case
probably, but prepares the way to single file executables.
2004-07-29 Thomas Heller <email@example.com>
* py2exe\build_exe.py: When using static built
templates, python.dll may not be needed anymore.
2004-07-23 Thomas Heller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* (Message): py2exe 0.5.3 released.
2004-07-13 Thomas Heller <email@example.com>
* source\run_dll.c: From Mark Hammond: patch to correctly manage
the thread state.
* py2exe\build_exe.py (py2exe.build_executable): Add a line feed
to the script's code, to avoid problems compiling it when it
contains trailing white space.
* py2exe\build_exe.py: Fix a problem with 2.4 when no extension
modules are needed - py2exe didn't track that python24.dll is
needed. Add the '_emx_link' symbol to the ignored imports list.
2004-07-09 Thomas Heller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* (Message): py2exe 0.5.2 released.
* source\run_dll.c: I took out again Mark's threadstate patch, it
breaks registering dll COM servers.
2004-07-08 Thomas Heller <email@example.com>
* (Message): py2exe 0.5.1 released.
2004-06-09 Thomas Heller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* source\start.c (run_script): Return an exit code of 255 when
there's an uncatched exception in the main script.
2004-06-08 Thomas Heller <email@example.com>
* py2exe\boot_service.py: Register service dependencies when a
service is started with the -install flag.
* source\start.c (run_script): Triple-quote sys.path with double
quotes to avoid problems if the directory contains single quotes
(double quotes are impossible on Windows).
* py2exe\build_exe.py: Support for precompiled .pyc and .pyo
files, based on a patch from Shane Holloway.
2004-06-02 Thomas Heller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* source\run_dll.c: From Mark Hammond: patch to correctly manage
the thread state.
2004-06-01 Thomas Heller <email@example.com>
* setup.py, source/icon.rc: Change so that py2exe can be built
2004-04-28 Thomas Heller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* py2exe\build_exe.py: Run the 'build' command before actually
building the exe, and insert the lib and plat_lib directories to
sys.path. After the exe is built, sys.path is restored.
2004-04-27 Thomas Heller <email@example.com>
* py2exe\build_exe.py: Fix ModuleFinders import_module() method,
see http://python.org/sf/876278. I assume the fix will it make
into Python 2.4, but not earlier versions.
2004-04-26 Thomas Heller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* (Message): Add flush() methods to the Blackhole and Stderr
objects for windows programs.
2004-04-18 Mark Hammond
* (build_exe.py): Patch sys.winver in the distributed
pythonxx.dll, so that there is no possibility of conflicts with
existing distributions and the registry keys found there. Of
note, ActivePython/old win32all versions registered 'Modules', and
these were used in preference to the one shipped with py2exe,
generally causing problem.
2004-04-07 Thomas Heller <email@example.com>
* (EXCLUDED_DLLS): Readded the builtin list of system dlls to
2004-03-23 Thomas Heller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* source\py2exe_util.c: The code was calling CreateFileW directly
instead of the function in unicows.dll, this had the effect that
the icons could not be changed on Win98.
2004-03-12 Thomas Heller <email@example.com>
* py2exe\resources\VersionInfo.py: Version resource built by
py2exe was wrong: found by Roger Upole, reported on c.l.p
2004-03-02 Thomas Heller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* py2exe\boot_service.py: Print a message when a service exe is
started from the command line.
* py2exe\build_exe.py: makepy code generation with bForDemand=True is buggy.
Use bForDemand=False instead.
2004-02-17 Thomas Heller <email@example.com>
* source\start.c (init_with_instance): Fixed a bufferoverflow when
the exe is run in a directory with a long name, found by Ralf Sieger.
* py2exe\boot_common.py: Fix two problems found by Mathew
Thornley: Could not open the logfile because the 'sys' symbol was
no longer defined. Wrong wording when the logfile could not be