From: Shilad Sen <shilad@so...> - 2003-04-21 19:17:22
After over a year, I have finally put a new py-xmlrpc release together.
Release 0.8.8.3 is based on various changes to the cvs archives over the
Among the interesting new features:
- Ability to postpone server responses to a client request for an
indefinite amount by rasing a xmlrpc.postpone exception.
- A drop in compatiblity wrapper for xmlrpclib; "import pyxmlrpclib"
instead of "import xmlrpclib".
- Support for custom logging objects
I've setup a win32 build environment (which was one of the difficulties
in the past), so I expect releases to occur more frequently in the future.
Please try it out and let me know what you think!
- improved documentation in xmlrpc.py for xmlrpc.server class
- created xmlrpc.postpone error allowing for delayed responses
- created queueResponse to finish responding to a delayed response
- created queueRequest to finish responding to a delayed request
- create response example in examples.py
- create response method in exampleServer in examples.py
- added support for file logging object (thanks to Ross Brattain)
- added buildCall, parseCall to help support pyxmlrpclib
- added pyxmlrpclib.py for drop-in compatibility w/ xmlrpclib
- added value attribute for DateTime object (6-tuple, not a string)
- added data attribute for Base64 object
- used buffConstant for appending constant length strings in rpcUtils.c
(thanks to Christian Gafton). This speeds things up by 20% in many cases.
- Fixed signed/unsigned problem and a 64 bit problem that could lead to
weird bugs. Thanks to Marcin Cieslak for the patch.
- Fixed windows server typo bug that lead to "No such file or directory"
- Fixed off-by-one bug in parsing entities starting with '&#'
From: Jesus Cea Avion <jcea@ar...> - 2003-04-24 19:37:54
> Release 0.8.8.3 is based on various changes to the cvs archives over
> the last year.
At last!! :-).
Jesus Cea Avion _/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/
jcea@... http://www.argo.es/~jcea/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/
_/_/ _/_/ _/_/_/_/_/
PGP Key Available at KeyServ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/
"Things are not so easy" _/_/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/
"My name is Dump, Core Dump" _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/ _/_/
"El amor es poner tu felicidad en la felicidad de otro" - Leibniz