sejamich - 2007-12-18

Hi and welcome everybody who is interested in this project.
I'll give you a short description about this project (but a better one than the Project Description).

Puzzle Maniac (the name was a short decision :)

This game is a compound of Puzzle Fighter (Capcom) and Puzzle Kombat (Midway).
I really like to play this kinda game. It's simple to understand, captivating and so extensible.
What i don't like is (esp in Puzzle Fighter) the color scheme. I can't decide on some screens whether it is yellow or green. Especially transitions are a real pain in the ass. (yellow block - green block and g y). It really slows me down.
Furthermore I liked the Puzzle Kombat "supermove" thing. A simple combination even for a novice player to perform an asskicking supermove to turn the tide. The design of the characters, stages are great in both games and i guess in the first release there will be no character animation or background fighting cos its really hard work. For the first characters I used a "South Park" character generator :) But hopefully that will change later.

Ok now for the first release:

Playable versus game :)

That may be a short description. The reason for this is I want to hear other oppinions and then i make concret requirements

anyway

What did exist?

Logging (done)
Shader (mostly done) optional? I dunno
Image loading (done)
Timer (done)
Eventhandling (partly done)
Scenegraph (mostly done)
Compressed VFS (done)
OpenGL stuff (mostly done)
Game Logic (open)
Game Engine (partly done)
GUI (partly done)
Design (open)
Effects (open)

Most of the code is experimental and needs to refactor but I guess its a base.
The graphical stuff is based on SDL / OpenGL and GLEW (shader). The VFS compression is done by BZ2.
Audio is done by SDL_mixer. Input Handling is done by SDL. So that are the big dependencies and with that in mind it should be possible to compile and link a windows version. I'm using gcc to build this on my linux.

I'm new to sourceforge so the upload and managing stuff will take a while. So be patient. Post something or write a mail.

Cheers
jami