This is a feature request.
Compiling Pure Data Extended on Arch Linux is no easy feat. Several patches are needed, using the svn version is easier than using the release version and several tweaks of the Makefiles are needed for it to work. Small animals has to be sacrificed for it to compile correctly.
Here's the current PKGBUILD for building pd-extended on Arch Linux: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pd/pd-extended/PKGBUILD
These are the changes I wish for:
* Patch externals/Gem/configure.ac with change_gem_configure_file.patch (attached)
* Patch pd/src/s_inter.c with s_inter.c.patch (attached)
* Patch externals/loaders/tclpd/Makefile with tclpd.Makefile.patch (attached)
* Patch pd/src/Makefile.am with makefile.am.patch (attached)
* Change 'CFLAGS =' to 'CFLAGS = -fPIC' in externals/pdp/opengl/Makefile.config
* Change 'DEFINES =' to 'DEFINES = -fPIC' in externals/miXed/Makefile.common
* Set these variables to these values by default:
* Don't install these files by default:
* But do install these files by default:
linux_make/default.pdextended to $DESTDIR/usr/lib/pd-extended/
Please also install an icon and a .desktop file, so that it will appear on the menu in ie. Gnome.
See the PKGBUILD file for a full overview.