Menu

large file patch from Linux UPnP SDK

Anonymous
2007-01-09
2012-12-14
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2007-01-09

Hi all

It seems that the large file patch from the Linux UPnP SDK hasn't made it into 1.4.1 of the Portable UPnP SDK. I've reworked the patch so that it applies to 1.4.1 without errors but I'm still unable to stream files >= 2GB, although the patch did improve matters slightly. I'm using uShare with a D-Link DSM-320.

Any thoughts as to whether the old patch had caught all the code that needed changing? Seems to be mainly be a case of changing long or int types to off_t where necessary.

Regards

• Marcelo Roberto Jimenez

Hi Jonathan,

As far as I can tell, the large file patch has been applied to trunk. Please, any patch you produce, do it against svn code:

# checking out svn trunk
      $ svn co https://pupnp.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pupnp/trunk svn-trunk
      $ cd svn-trunk
      ... edit some files ...
      $ svn diff > ../mypatch.patch

Check to see if there is anything else you think must be applied. The original patch contained some bugs that were already fixed.

I am actually taking a plane in a few hours, so you will probably not hear from me in the next 15 days or so, but please continue the discussion with the others here.

I think we have enough code in trunk to produce a new release, a minor revision, but the code needs testing. I think that the change of domains and the going back to source forge has made some of our users confused, so we need testers. Please tell anyone you know that we move back in here, and to test svn code.

Best regards,
      Marcelo.

• Rémi Turboult

Rémi Turboult - 2007-01-09

> Any thoughts as to whether the old patch had caught all the code that needed changing?

on a related matter (although this should not be what causes your problem) : the patch corrects only the server half, any client using libupnp to download files won't be able to get large files.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2007-01-09

I downloaded and extracted libupnp-1.4.1.tar.gz and for example the File_Info structure in upnp/inc/upnp.h still contains 'int file_length'. The large file patch changed this and others to type off_t.

Regards

Jonathan