Generator settings window disappears

Support
Pat Kujawa
2011-02-24
2013-05-28
  • Pat Kujawa

Pat Kujawa - 2011-02-24

I was seeing the odd behavior of the generator settings window for this plugin appearing for an instant and then disappearing. When I would try to click on the keepass window again, it would not re-gain focus (the disappeared window was modal and thus preventing further interaction with keepass). The only way I could think of to get keepass working again was to kill it in task manager. (The generator window didn't show up in Alt-Tab, nor could I move windows around to find it.)

It turns out that the issue only happens when keepass is set to "Always on top" (View menu). I also figured out that I could hit the Esc button to close the modal window (when it had disappeared) and get back to keepass.

You can watch a 40s screencast of the issue at http://screencast.com/t/wcKAJcru

Just a pointer for anyone else experiencing this strange behavior. Maybe the plugin could detect this setting and also stay on top.

Thanks for a great plugin!

• JB Engracia

JB Engracia - 2011-04-18

I'm looking into this now and if possible, it should be fixed in the next revision which i plan to release soon-ish.

• JB Engracia

JB Engracia - 2011-04-20

FYI, I've uploaded a new release which fixes this bug.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks