Great software, Some suggestions

Anonymous
2009-12-25
2013-04-29
  • Anonymous - 2009-12-25

Hi and thanks for creating this software. Here are a few suggestions:

1. When a certain project is selected, but the tast running belongs to another project, the timer runs on the selected project and only after switching to PC Fare Meter the correct time is being displayed.

2. In the auto-move window, it will really be great and useful if we could select the order of rules, so that (for example) some browser windows will be considered "work" while other will be "fun", without using regular expressions.

3. Some visualization will be great. You could assign a color for each project and display a horizontal line that shows which projects were active in the last 24 hrs.

Thanks again,

Eliram

• Anonymous - 2009-12-27

More issues:

1. If I send the computer to hibernation while the program is running, the time of hibernation is registered as time on the active task.

2. I would really like to see an AUTO mode, where a task is selected by the pre-defined auto rules, even if I didn't start the task manually. This can REALLY automate the process, but just running the program in the background.

3. For some reason, clicking a project line on the "Group" column opens up the properties while clicking on the properties icon opens up the group selection window. I think a better GUI design would be to add another icon right after the Group column, that links to the group selection window. and let the properties icon open the properties.

Another nice touch will be to add a right-click menu for each line, with all available options.

• Eliram

Eliram - 2009-12-28

When exporting to CSV, the duration field is formatted 12:34 to indicate 12 minutes and 34 seconds. MSExcel reads this value as 12 hours and 34 minutes! A better format would be 0:12:34

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks