Menu

Compile help?

Help
2016-06-12
2016-08-01
  • Merle Corey

Merle Corey - 2016-06-12

...and just a little general help or questions. First off, absolutely brilliant program, ty to the dev(s) for porting milkdrop, dumped Windows a few years back, and really only started playing around with making presets after discovering ProjectM. I literally, built a more powerful box almost exclusively to work better with them (ok, and I just wanted a better PC, still....), problem is, added a Nvidia card (other box has Radeon), and they're rendering even worse...MAJOR bummer.
    What's happening is, the wave is extreamely small, I mean REALLY small IE using wave mode 2 I have to set wave scale at like 110.00 just to get it to show up, and even then it's small. Anyone know if there's a way to fix this?

EDIT Ahhh, nevermind, figured out why things were so small. Apparently needed to use output analog.stereo.monitor as opposed to analog.stereo. Soon as I get a Mini to HDMI adapter, I can go ahead and use the audio on the Nvidia card, but anyway, fixed it (so now I have to go through a bunch of presets and reduce the wave scale lol, oh well). i'd still like to finish the compile, so any info on that, and active forums would be cool... /END EDIT

That said, thought maybe the ProjectM in the OpenSUSE repos was gimpy somehow, so decided to build it up from source and see if it's any different (which I'm not terribly good at) at least not when I get the following, because though the answer is probably staring me right in the face, I really don't do much building from scratch anymore, pretty sure it's a linking issue, and from what I've been able to search up, make is looking for a path to 'glBlendFunc' only I'm not terribly sure where it is, or what the code looks like to link it... here is the error:

inux-rp6c:/home/user/dev/projectM-complete-2.1.0-Source # make -liblgl.so.1
    [ 18%] Built target Renderer
    [ 19%] Built target NativePresetFactory
    [ 32%] Built target MilkdropPresetFactory
    [ 43%] Built target projectM
    [ 44%] Linking CXX executable projectM-test
    /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.8/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/projectM-test.dir/projectM-test.o: undefined reference to symbol 'glBlendFunc'
    /usr/lib64/libGL.so.1: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    projectM-test/CMakeFiles/projectM-test.dir/build.make:175: recipe for target 'projectM-test/projectM-test' failed
    make[2]: *** [projectM-test/projectM-test] Error 1
    CMakeFiles/Makefile2:319: recipe for target 'projectM-test/CMakeFiles/projectM-test.dir/all' failed
    make[1]: *** [projectM-test/CMakeFiles/projectM-test.dir/all] Error 2
    Makefile:149: recipe for target 'all' failed
    make: *** [all] Error 2

can anyone help a brother out here? Having 'preset making withdrawal' haha...(it IS rather addictive), and while I'm asking, any ProjectM forums around still semi-active? The milkdrop forums still see a little action, and I'd share them there, but I'm having some issues porting presets between the two (that is, it's taken forever just to learn to make them look nice in ProjectM, and milkdrop "proper" seems to be ALOT less forgiving as far as throwing "error in per_frame, error in per_vertex code errors, so they only work in this program at present)

Anyway, sorry for the long post, if anyone's got any help to lend it would be greatly appreciated, feel free to email if you don't want to post here, thanks in advance.

Now hopefully someone sees this...... :)

Last edit: Merle Corey 2016-06-12
  • amoe

amoe - 2016-08-01

I am wondering why pass the argument -liblgl.so.1 to make? Looks like an explicit attempt to link against the GL library that failed. Output from the initial cmake run would probably be useful.

To get more info on the attempted commands you can run make VERBOSE=1.