Difficulty with install on Linux Mint

Help
mixbank
2017-02-15
2017-02-15
  • mixbank

mixbank - 2017-02-15

Hey,
    I am having an issue with getting this program up & running.
    I have tried to install by extracting the tar.gz and running the INSTALL file using both 'run' and 'run in terminal' and nothing happens. I have also tried installing it by using terminal but I don't think I have used any of the correct commands. I have very little knowledge with Linux (having only used Ubuntu and currently Linux Mint) so some easy advice would be appreciated.

• Dave P.

Dave P. - 2017-03-09

You can install a stand alone version by launching Software Manager. Enter "projectM" in the search field. Install the package "Projectm-pulseaudio." This installs a stand alone version of projectM that will work with any music sorce that uses pulseaudio. So, start music on the music app of your choice, launch projectm. It will start in a windowed box. Hit the "F" key to go full screen, F again to go back to windowed. Hit the "M" key to bring up a menu you can use to set things up. Enjoy!

Last edit: Dave P. 2017-03-10
  • BJC2013

BJC2013 - 2017-09-19

The ubuntu install guide is; https://help.ubuntu.com/community/projectM But I think because
    I installed the plugin first, and later Amarok, like in the guide, the plugin does not show up in Amarok, or am I halucinating?

Last edit: BJC2013 2017-09-19