Stratup Error message ...requires Java 6 of later...

Bug List
Anonymous
2013-03-08
2013-07-10

• Anonymous
    2013-03-08

ProjectLibre stopped working several months ago. I get a "requires Java 6" error when I try to run it. I've uninstalled ProjectLibre and Java then installed the latest versions of both. Since I run Windows 7 64 bit I've tried both 32 and 64 bit Java. The problem remains. I have a volunteer project that looks like it is going to come to life and it would be great if I can get ProjectLibre up and running.

• If Java ins't properly installed checks in .msi package may fail. In this case it's better to download the .zip and run in command line:
    java -Xms128m -Xmx768m -jar projectlibre.jar

• I just downloaded ProjectLibre for the first time on my new Macbook. I am only running Java 1.7 and will not install Java 6 which is now unsupported unless you have a commercial contract with Oracle.

When trying to launch the ProjectLibre.app, I also receive the "Requires Java 6, do you want to install it now" dialog. Since Java 6 is end-of-life I would strongly recommend removing any requirement or reference to that platform. If your software performs an install of Java 6 where it has been removed you will be re-introducing serious security vulnerabilities into the environment.

On the Mac installation, the Java 7 JRE installer does not create the "java" symlink for running applications from the command line so I installed the full JDK for 1.7.0_17. Trying to run the .app from Finder still failed with the Java 6 error message. Executing it from the command line as noted above does start the software, but you should investigate why the application launcher is failing to recognize a valid "greater than Java 6" installation.

If you need any assistance troubleshooting please let me know what I can do to help.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Thanks!

• That is great! I did not see the link to the Java 7 version. Thank you for the quick response! I am looking forward to using the software!

• Anonymous
    2013-04-02

Any chance on getting a projectlibre-java7.rpm too?

• Anonymous
    2013-07-10

Post awaiting moderation.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments