I am trying to install PO on a windows server 2003. But I get the following error during the installation of PostgreSQL: Internal account lookup failure, No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. After clicking on th eok button the installation rolls back.
I have a windows 2003 SMB server SP2.
Can any one tell me what I can do to install the PO on this machine?
Best Regards and wishes for teh new year.
this is guesswork… cause I would need to test your configuration.
Anyhow… let's try…
1. Perform the installation until the installer shows the the following message: "The Installer is about to install PostgreSQL… etc…"
2. Go to the installation folder and edit the file install_postgresql.bat. In there replace any occurrence of SERVICEDOMAIN="%COMPUTERNAME%" with SERVICEDOMAIN="youractualcomputername" as it appears on the registry.
3. Save the file
4. Let the installer continue
5. Good luck!!!
Thanks for your reply and advice. Unfortanatly this did not work. I still get the error about the internal look up failure.
another possibility is that you have file sharing enabled on the machine where you want to install project-open.
Please do disable file sharing before installing project open.
Hope this is your problem, situation,
This did not work, can I install Postgres manualy? If I do so with version 8.4 this works fine.
we can also make an oppointment that you take a look at the server and help install it.
I hope to hear from you again.
Let's agree on a date and a time.
I'm in Italy which is GMT+1.
I am in the Netherlands thats the same time zone. Shall we try it today at 21.00 local time? My skype id is chrrutgers. I will give you the log in details trough skype.
If you have an other alternative date and tiem please let me know.
Have you tried enabling the secondary login service? Last time i also have this issue and i enabled this service and after that it works.
did you get anywhere with this problem? i have the same issues!
I checked and found the same problems on a Windows SBS 2003 (win32 bit).
SBS 2003 is not one of the certified platforms….
Anyhow, the following sequence fixed the problems:
1. Install ]po[ anyhow.
2. install PostgresSQL manually and install all possible packages, add ons (use as user "postgres" and as password "Qwer.1234".
3. Stop PostgreSQL.
4. Copy the postgresql.conf file in the data folder of ]po[ wherevere you have installed PostrgreSQL (you should find the same data there).
5. Start PostgreSQL
6. Go into teh data folder of ]po[ end exec in sequence:
cratedb -U postgres projop
psql -U postgres projop < projop.sql
7. Unistall Visual Studio 2010 Redistributable Package
8. Find, load and install Visual Studio 2008 Redistributable Package
9. Install again Visual Studio 2010 Redistributable Package.
I am trying to install] po po [and Postgres as services are active. But when I run the system does not read the database.
That happens to me with windows 2003 server.
I hope I can help.
Thanks in advance
I'm Marizio Martignano, the author of the Windows port of ]po[. PostgreSQL 8.2 does not install properly on Windows 2003 Server (full stop). In order to install PostgreSQL correctly on Windows 2003 you need to start the standard PostgreSQL installation in a given way, stop it, make some steps by hand, and configure the overall system once again by hand.
Please have a look to this web page in case you want my company to install PostgreSQL and OpenACS for you on Windows 2003 Server as professional service.
Hope it helps,
what PostgreSQL version works with Windows 2003?, check the link and download the OpenACS install the AOL server postgresql but not initialized.
It is not that simple. ]project-open[ runs on PosgtreSQL 8.2 so you need to stick to that version.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.