SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

Queue Administration

2010-09-01
2012-11-13
  • David Gomez Romano

Hi,
    Does anyone know how to configure the queues for the tickets?  Do i have to create a widget?
    How do i create a queue for a profile?
    How can i assign an incident ticket to queue?
    Thanks!

• ANTONIO TORRES

ANTONIO TORRES - 2011-04-09

I have exactly the same question…
    anyone please?

thx!

• Frank Bergmann

Frank Bergmann - 2011-04-28

Hi,

We initially included Queues in the Ticket System, but stopped using them in the V4.0.
    Instead, we can now use acs-workflow groups to define different queues per workflow stage.

Which version are you using currently?

I really recommend you to upgrade to V4.0 (explained in some forum thread here), because
    we have added a lot of changes to the ticket system.

Cheers!
    Frank

• Paco

Paco - 2012-03-22

We found very interesting info about "Assigning a ticket to a Queue", using profiles and/or conf_items in
    http://project-open.org/documentation/package_intranet_helpdesk
    but I haven't found details.

Question 1. How can we use profiles or conf_items to assign tickets to a queue?

Question 2. Is there any user interface for creating/managing queues?
    I mean other than PL/API , since it is not very user-friendly…

• Paco

Paco - 2012-03-27

Question 2 (edit). I haven't found in wiki documentation any references about how to use queues management, it looks a bit messy, could you please throw some light here?
    /admin/group-types/one?group_type=im_ticket_queue

• Frank Bergmann

Frank Bergmann - 2012-04-03

Hi Paco,

1. The im_tickets table includes a field ticket_queue_id. The field is used in several screens in order to calculate permissions etc. In order to "activate" the field please define a DynField for the field with a value range of objects of type "group" or "im_profile". You can define the DynField widget yourself, so you can choose between group or profile.

2. Queues ("im_ticket_queue") are a sub-type of "group" defined in /admin/ -> "Group Types". This interface is part of the OpenACS GUI and has not yet been ]po[ themed. However, it allows you to create new group types and new queues.

Cheers,
    Frank