- Implement various sorting strategies, defaulting to sort based on disk
block. Note that there was a bug in previous releases, causing no sorting
to happen at all. Not even on file path. The added config key is called
- Implement parallel readahead. A new config key system.maxprocs controls
that. Defaults to 30 processes.
- Implement readahead request merging.
- Change default memory settings to be much more conservative: consume 50%
of free mem minus 10% of total, and none of the cached.
- Support running under ionice, from the init script. Defaults to idle I/O
priority and can be set in the sysconfig config script. This may be moved
to the daemon itself.
- Other small fixes to prepheral files, mostly picked from Fedora and Ubuntu,
including plugging an fd leak.
Thanks to everyone who sent me patches. Also thanks to Ubuntu and Fedora
packagers. This release should incorporate all their changes either
directly or with my own implementation.
Log in to post a comment.