detect change by domainhandler

J.Kruis
2012-05-09
2013-01-23
  • J.Kruis

J.Kruis - 2012-05-09

Is it possible to determine whether any changes are made in the setting of the domain through domainhandler

if so how

• Christian Boltz

Christian Boltz - 2012-05-09

probably yes (the *Handler classes can do a lot) - but you'll have to explain _exactly_ what you want to do ;-)

• J.Kruis

J.Kruis - 2012-05-09

I'm working on a patch to allow the domain administrator to authorize the user  to change setting such "choice or reply"

This adjustment can be done via edit-form or domain-list.

However, I noticed that  the current feedback signal is only that "domain has been create" is display

I want to get more feedback on what has changed

active or not
    user control or not
    or no adjustment is made ​​(wrong button)

jan

• J.Kruis

J.Kruis - 2012-05-09

chrisitain,

I have a rough patch of usercontrol

if you want to see that I put this in patch

regrads jan

• Christian Boltz

Christian Boltz - 2012-05-09

Indeed, the feedback message is on the TODO list, and you are right that the current message isn't very good after editing a domain ;-) (for comparison: 2.3.x did not show any message after editing a domain *g*)

The question is: how many details do we want to show?

Displaying "The domain $domain has been changed" would be easy - just add this text (and hope for translations).

Displaying the exact changes ("x, y and z for $domain have been changed") would need some programming - to know what has changed, we have to compare it with the old value from the database. I'm not sure if this is worth the work ;-)

About your patch: don't ask - show it! ;-)

• J.Kruis

J.Kruis - 2012-05-09

see patch 3525293

• J.Kruis

J.Kruis - 2012-05-17

Hi christian,
    Have you had time to look after my patch,
    I already made ​​a small improvement in the patch with respect to the handling of the error.

There will be a difference between creating and modifying a domain in the info flash.

Jan