Along with the release of reacTIVision 1.0 we are pleased to announce a new release of PortVideo, the cross-platform camera framework.
* improved the win32 RGB to gray conversion
* allow saving of frames (RAW and BMP)
* added a finish method to the FrameProcessor
* updated DsVideoLib now builds without DirectX SDK
* added V4L_DEVICE variable (thanks to Frank Barknecht)
* various minor updates and fixes... read more
A cross-platform framework that provides uniform access to camera devices for video processing or display. It comes with a SDL demo application which compiles and runs on Win32, Linux and MacOS X systems and supports many USB, Firewire and DV cameras.
This is an initial soure code release, which is made available under the GPL license. Later library releases might be changed to the more open LGPL license. Binaries for Win32, MacOS X and Linux will follow.... read more