Portecle 1.4 has just been uploaded, release notes:
New in Portecle 1.4 (2009-02-22):
- Support for importing key pairs from OpenSSL PEM bundles.
- Support for encrypting private key in PEM export.
- Recognition and decoding support for some additional certificate
- Experimental: support for renewing self signed certificates.
- Significant user interface improvements, including among others use of
Java Desktop API to launch browsers and mail clients, more and improved
default values in forms, and improved extension viewer dialog with hyperlink
support for other resources in them (CRLs, certificates etc).
- Support changing look and feel without restarting the app.
- Support online help not bundled in jar (set helpbaseurl at build time).
- Fix problem with examining certificates from OpenSSL PEM bundles in
certain security provider configurations.
- Java SE 6 or later is now required.
- Bundled Bouncy Castle provider jar upgraded to 1.41.
- Removed built in support code for additional external look and feels;
users who want them can have a look at Java's built in facilities for
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.