Menu

popup notification test/ability to resize

ECS
2015-10-05
2015-10-19
  • ECS

ECS - 2015-10-05

I might have missed something somewhere but I can't adjust the new mail popup window, I'd like to resize it a bit and reposition the colums.

• Jessica Brown

Jessica Brown - 2015-10-05

reordering the columns is not currently supported, but is on my list of features to add. You should be able to adjust the width of the individual columns as well as the size of the window as a whole. If you click on the window frame the cursor should change to an arrow cursor. The window type is "sizable". If the window is not resizable, would you be able to send a screenshot of the non-resizable window (alt-print screen will copy a screenshot to the clipboard in any windows app) and what version of windows you are running so I can see what "window style" is being applied?

• ECS

ECS - 2015-10-06

As soon as I click on it, it disappears so no resize options, lets try to attach a dump here.
    But its more a column issue then size atm. I need to see more in From and Subject.

• Jessica Brown

Jessica Brown - 2015-10-08

ok, that helps me understand a bit better what the issue is.

As of right now there's no setting to adjust the size of that window or change the order of the columns, though I should definitely add that. If you're not using the default font size things can get a little squishy.

However, you can adjust the size of the columns by manually editing poptray.ini
    You should exit poptrayu before editing it, so it doesn't overwrite your change when it saves the ini file from memory. ;-)

The column widths are set in the Info section of the ini file and the units are in pixels. just change the width to the desired size, save, and then start poptrayu.

[Info]
    Tab=0
    Column1=70
    Column2=85
    Column3=120
    Column4=50

• ECS

ECS - 2015-10-08

Ok, set now as:
    [Info]
    Tab=0
    Column1=55
    Column2=95
    Column3=125
    Column4=50

Almost :) would like 75 more width, but this is already a big improvement for me.

• Jessica Brown

Jessica Brown - 2015-10-08

If I have time, I think I will add a button next to where you enable that notification type to bring up a dialog to configure that popup which should let you adjust the window size, font, and column sizes. Maybe even pick which columns are shown if it doesn't end up being too complicated.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-10-18

How do I stop the notification number in the tray for new email from timing out. Right now it times out after about 10 min. I would like to walk by my computer perhaps after a few hours and easily notice if I have new email. Things seem to have changed since I upgraded to Windows 10 Peter Spriggs**P

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel