Remove Old Manual?

2005-03-17
2013-04-15
  • Michael Bierman

Michael Bierman - 2005-03-17

Any objections to removing http://popfile.sourceforge.net/old_index.html from the wiki now? I thought we agreed to that a while ago, am I mistaken?

Michael

• Texas Fett

Texas Fett - 2005-03-17

I don't remember exactly what the plan was, but several of us have wanted to get rid of it for a good while.  The QuickStart guide on the wiki was designed to finally replace it.  I am not really sure that guide is totally finished yet, its been a long time since I looked through it.

I suspect that 0.23 is going to make it a good bit more out of date so this may be the time to drop it.

• Michael Bierman

Michael Bierman - 2005-03-17

Sounds good to me.

John, anyone else?

Any objections?

Michael

• John Graham-Cumming

OK

• Texas Fett

Texas Fett - 2005-03-17

Can you clarify that OK?  Do we remove it from the UI Footer and replace it with a link to the QuickStart guide also?

• John Graham-Cumming

Correct.

John.

• Brian Smith

Brian Smith - 2005-03-18

>> Can you clarify that OK? Do we remove it from the UI Footer and replace it with a link to the QuickStart guide also? <<

Does that "OK" also mean that the Windows installer no longer needs to install the English version of the old manual? Removing this manual will make the installer about 18% smaller.

Brian

• Texas Fett

Texas Fett - 2005-03-18

If we stop updating it totally we definatly don't want to include it in the installer.  But we probably should include something since some people like having offline instructions.  If we use the QuickStart guide pages, they don't have images.

• John Graham-Cumming

Let's remove it, it's getting seriously out of date.

John.